2018 Election

Election Workers Needed!

Do you enjoy working with the public and supporting a team? The District of Tumbler Ridge is currently looking for election workers to facilitate voting in the 2018 Municipal Election on October 20, 2018. Election Worker Application can be picked up at Town Hall or by downloading.

For details click here.

Click here for the Election Worker Application

Information for Candidates

Candidate Nomination Package (PDF)

Elector Organization Endorsement Package (PDF)

Statement of Disclosure: Financial Disclosure Act (PDF)

Candidate Information Release Authorization Form (PDF)

Notice of Nomination (PDF)

Relevant Legislation:

Financial Disclosure Act (PDF)

Excerpts from Local Government Act (PDF)

Local Elections Campaign Financing Act Regulation (PDF)

Contact Information:

For further information regarding the District of Tumbler Ridge's  municipal elections, please contact:

Aleen Torraville, Chief Election Officer


Key Dates for the 2018 General Local Election

  Election Period
  The Period that begins on January 1 and ends on 
  the 29th day before General Voting Day

            Monday, January 1, 2018
            Friday,  September 21, 2018

  Nomination Period
  The period for local election officals to receive nominations.

            Tuesday, September 4, 2018
            Friday, September 14, 2018

  Campaign Period
  The period that begins on the 28th day before General Voting Day and
  ends at the close of voting on General Voting Day.

            Saturday, September 22, 2018
            Saturday, October 20, 2018

  Advance Voting

           Wednesday, October 10, 2018

  Advance Voting 

           Monday, October 15, 2018

  General Voting Day

           Saturday, October 20, 2018

  Campaign financing disclosure statement filing deadline

           Friday, January 18, 2019

  Campaign financing disclosure statement late filling deadlines with
  $500 late filing fee

           Monday, February 18, 2019

















As nominations papers are received they will be posted here in the order received. Persons accessing this page acknowledge that:

In accordance with section 89(9) of the Local Government Act , they will not inspect the nomination documents or use information included in the nomination documents except for the purposes authorized by Part 3 [Electors and Elections] of the Local Government Act or by section 63 [restrictions on use of personal information] of the Local Elections Campaign Financing Act.




Garret Golhof

Garret Golhof Nomination Pkg

Keith Bertrand

Keith Bertrand Nomination Pkg

Jerrilyn Schembri

Jerrilyn Schembri Nomination Pkg

Don McPherson

Don McPherson Nomination Pkg


Chris Norbury

Chris Norbury Nomination Pkg

Monty Hendrickson

Monty Hendrickson Nomination Pkg

Darryl Krakowka

Darryl Krakowka Nomination Pkg

Bernie Lehmann

Bernie Lehmann Nomination Pkg

Curtis Miedzinski

Curtis Miedzinski Nomination Pkg

Joanne Kirby

Joanne Kirby Nomination Pkg

Will Howe

Will Howe Nomination Pkg

Stacey Lajeunesse

Stacey Lajeunesse Nomination Pkg

Barry Blackman

Barry Blackman Nomination Pkg

Frank Wood - - WITHDRAWN

Frank Wood Nomination Pkg


School Trustee

Roxanne Gulick


Information for Candidates

Thinking of running for Council? Check out the “Thinking of Running for Local Office” brochure from the Provincial Government and the Elections BC website for valuable information about local government elections.

Useful information for candidates can also be found on the Province’s website. An online webinar is available for viewing at your convenience.

The Elections BC local elections campaign financing team is available to answer questions by phone at 1-855-952-0280 (toll-free) or by email at electoral.finance@elections.bc.ca.


If you are considering being a Candidate in the upcoming General Election this October, you will find the attached video links a great asset. 

Do You Qualify to Vote?

You may vote as a resident elector if you:

  • are a Canadian Citizen
  • are 18 years of age or more on general voting day
  • have lived in BC for at least 6 months before you register to vote
  • have lived in the District of Tumbler Ridge for 30 days or more before you register to vote
  • are not disqualified from voting by any statute or law

You may vote as a non-resident property elector if you:

  • are not a resident of the District of Tumbler Ridge
  • are a Canadian Citizen
  • are 18 years of age or more on general voting day 
  • have lived in BC for at least 6 months before you register to vote
  • are the registered owner of real property in the District of Tumbler Ridge for at least 30 days immediately before the day of registering
  • are not disqualified from voting by any statute or law

If more than one person owns the property, only one owner may register and that person must have the written consent of a majority of the other owners. Note the property must be in the name(s) of individuals and not in the name of a company.

Eligible Voters wishing to register in advance have until August 28, 2018 to come in to Town Hall to complete a registration form. (Registration can also be done on voting day).

How to Register on Voting Day

If you are not on the Voters’ List, but are qualified to vote as a Resident Elector at advance voting or on voting day, you may register at any designated voting place.

You must bring at least 2 documents that provide evidence of your identity and place of residence. At least one of the documents must contain your signature.


You must provide two documents producing evidence of your identity, at least one of which must contain your signature.  You must also be prepared to sign a solemn declaration as to your place of residence. If you do not comply with these requirements, you will not be registered to vote.

The following documents only will be accepted for identification:

  • a British Columbia Driver’s License
  • an Owner’s Certificate of Insurance and Vehicle License issued by the Insurance Corporation of B.C.
  • a British Columbia CareCard or British Columbia Gold CareCard
  • a British Columbia Identification Card
  • a Ministry of Social Development and Economic Security Request for Continued Assistance form SDES8
  • a Social Insurance Card issued by Human Resources Development Canada
  • a Citizenship Card issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada
  • a real property tax notice issued under section 269 of the Local Government Act or section 21 of the Taxation (Rural Area) Act
  • a credit card or debit card issued by a savings institution as defined in Section 29 of the Interpretation Act, or
  • a utility bill issued for the supply of electricity, natural gas, water, telephone services or coaxial cable service by
    · a public utility as defined in section 1 of the Utilities Commission Act
    · a gas utility as defined in section 1 of the Gas Utility Act
    · a water utility as defined in section 1 of the Water Act
    · the British Columbia Hydro and Power Authority, or
    · a corporation licensed by the Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission for the purposes of that supply.

BC Elections Information

The following links will provide more information on elections:

Ministry of Community Services, Local Government Division

More information will be posted to this web page as election day approaches.