District of Tumbler RidgeInvest in Tumbler RidgeTumbler Ridge Tourism
Pets and Animals

Every pet is a member of the family and is very special, so it is also very important that you’re aware of the bylaws and information surrounding the ownership of an animal.  If your pet gets loose, lost, or if you have a complaint, please contact the Animal Control Officer at 250-242-3202.

Please review the Animal Control Bylaws for more information:

Animal Control Bylaw

Amendment to the Animal Control Bylaw


Wildlife Encounters

For information on how to prevent dangerous wildlife encounters and what to do if you encounter wild animals, please visit the Ministry of Environment website. Note the Species Pages section on the left hand side.